Key Ways Beacon Technology Amplifies Attendee Tradeshow Engagement1341 Views
Human beings want to find what they need the second the need it. This has never been more accurate than today. With the answer to every question at our fingertips (Google anyone?) and directions to anywhere in the world a simple voice command away, we’ve been taught that patience is a virtue we don’t need.
Navigating tradeshows fits into this realm.
Gone are the days were attendees willingly fight with a map of booth exhibitors, search for the nextmeeting room, and wander around until they find lunch. Today’s tradeshow participants expect to smoothly sail through the tradeshow and access exactly what they need. “What do I need to do to checkin?” “Where are the exhibitors I want to talk with?” “How can I find the sessions I’m interested in?” Allthese answers better be “fast and easy” or attendees will be frustrated, and the tradeshow will startlosing popularity and attendance will erode. Boo!
The great news is that beacon technology is a solution that solves the problem of tradeshow navigation.
Beacon technology is a way for event organizers to communicate effectively, in real-time, directly toattendees’ smartphones. It sounds complicated, but it’s not. First, you have attendees download theevent’s app. Then, small beacons placed strategically around the event location emit Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) signals and “talk” to attendees’ smartphones. Beacons can connect attendees with a variety of important messages that make their experience more interactive and satisfying than it’s ever been.
Tradeshow events benefit from using beacon technology in several ways.
- Micro-event spotlight. During a tradeshow, there are usually fun and interesting events withinthe planned activities. Using beacon technology to send a notification about a giveaway announcement, send an invitation about a pop-up game or speaker, as well as share changes and
additions to the schedules are all ways to keep attendees informed and engaged.
- Digital mapping. “What is where?” This is a question that most people ask on the first day of a tradeshow. Beacons can guide users to the exhibit hall, sessions, and speakers. In addition, important things like food and bathrooms can be located with beacons. This gives attendees an
easier way of getting around, so they can spend their time enjoying and learning from the tradeshow.
- Coupons and short-term promotion. Consumers love a deal, and beacon technology offers tradeshow planners a way to extend promotions to attendees. Coupons for discounts on speakers’ books or savings on future tradeshow bookings are two of the many ways to creatively engage visitors with promotions directly through beacons.
Beacon technology creates a smoother, more seamless experience that enriches the experience of tradeshow attendees at different points throughout the event.
- Pre-show registration. By asking the registrants to download the app, messages and information can be sent to them as soon as they arrive at the location through beacons.
- During the event. Attendees get the most out of the tradeshow offering by knowing important things like when the exhibit hall opens and how to find the wi-fi stations.
- After the event. Beacons compile information on the attendees that tradeshow planners can analyze. These findings help pinpoint the popular portions of the conference and the parts that need work.Tradeshow planning should include beacon technology. Implementing it, along with an application, into the mix decreases attendee confusion and frustration when looking for specific parts of the tradeshow offerings. This technology increases attendee interactio and engagement and it paves the way for them to get more out of the tradeshow. Disrupt the norm at your next tradeshow with beacon technology!